Social media is a communications tool that can be used for many purposes. At 葡京备用网址app下载, we typically use it to promote our brand and disseminate important information. Other uses include highlighting student and faculty achievements, 推广校园活动, 和未来的学生接触, alumni and other members of the Berry community.
You can find current department and organizational accounts at the Berry社交媒体目录.
We’ve laid out our current guidelines for creating and operating a 葡京备用网址app下载-affiliated social media account below. If any questions arise please contact Hannah Stuart in the Office of Marketing and Communication.
The Berry identity must be consistent in presentation across all channels. Specifically, the crestmark/logo is not to be altered. Most often in social the stacked crestmark is the logo that will be used. 参见 品牌文档 for any further questions or reach out to the Office of Marketing and Communication with graphics needs.
GUIDELINES FOR SETTING UP A DEPARTMENTAL SOCIAL ACCOUNT
Before you decide to create a new account, consider the following questions:
- 是否需要一个新的渠道? Could an existing channel work sufficiently to achieve the desired goals?
- Would a group on 脸谱网 be a better idea than a departmental page or another platform?
- Do I have the time and resources to commit to a social media account?
- 透过电邮(firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of 数字营销 and Media after doing the following:
- Write out your mission and purpose statements and include those with the email.
- Designate a Fac/staff administrator for each account and include contact information.
- Include desired platform(s) and suggested handle(s).
The following security precautions are required:
- Each department or organization social media account at Berry should have a fac/staff administrator over the account so that Berry doesn’t lose access.
- For 脸谱网, remove students who have graduated. For other platforms, when students who have access graduate, change the account passwords.
- Commit to monitoring your social accounts daily—you want to know what’s going on with your audience.
- 文章吸引人的内容. What engaging means for your account depends on your audience.
- Post consistently—this could be every day, every other day, 等.，但要坚持下去.
- Don’t post simply to post—though posting consistently is important, remember that you don’t always have to enter a conversation or post something simply to be posting. 有时候最好还是不发.
- Engage with your audience via likes/comments—part of creating a community is cultivating that sense of connection and conversation!
- 校对 在发布之前, including fact-checking—and if someone corrects you about their personal information (say a name is spelled wrong 等), 说声谢谢，然后进行编辑.
- Do not publish confidential or false information.
- Monitor analytics to track growth and adjust your strategy accordingly—you’d be amazed what information you can glean from the numbers, including posting times and types of content. Hannah Stuart will be happy to help if you have questions.
- 让所有受众都能访问内容. This includes providing alternative text descriptions for all images, providing captions for all videos and using camel case (capitalizing each individual word) in hashtags. Also limit emoji usage in posts, and keep emojis and hashtags at the end of posts when possible.
- Support other Berry pages and accounts (follow, share, like!)
We welcome open conversation with all connected to or wanting to learn more about Berry and want to ensure all conversations remain open, 然而,尊重. In the majority of cases, we try not to delete posts. 如果可能的话，隐藏帖子或评论. Hiding leaves the comment available for the person who wrote it and friends to see, but no one else; deleting removes it entirely and may cause a more negative reaction than not acknowledging the comment at all.
Please keep in mind the following best practices.
- Comments that may endanger the health or safety of others
- 垃圾评论(总是离题, 推广商业网站或产品, 政治评论, 等. 与文章主题无关)
For repeated offenders, accounts may be blocked or banned after a warning
You should not arbitrarily censor or delete comments. Reference the reasons above for deleting or banning, and consider responding to answer the commenter’s question or to clarify the original post. Often the community will regulate a negative comment or post by sharing their own experiences.
- Focus on community building through interaction with followers
- Create quality content that resonates with your audience
- 阅读更多: http://sproutsocial.com/insights/facebook-algorithm/
- Learn what plays well with your followers and apply it
- Write captions that encourage engagement—questions that may prompt discussion, 等.
- 阅读更多: http://sproutsocial.com/insights/instagram-algorithm/
- Use photos and videos with your text content
- Don’t tell the whole story—keep it short and lead followers to click
- 阅读更多: http://sproutsocial.com/insights/twitter-algorithm/
For more information on audiences and demographics, the folks at PEW have put together an excellent fact sheet: http://www.pewreSearch.org/internet/fact-sheet/social-media/